Founded in 2015, Ebnflōh dance company is one of the first professional companies with a strictly Hip-Hop aesthetic to take its proud place on the Canadian dance scene. It creates, produces, and showcases its very own works, both here and abroad. Our latest piece, In-Ward (2019), was widely acclaimed (nominated for the Grand Prix du Conseil des Arts de Montréal, etc).
The artistic team springs directly from our hometown’s rich heritage in street dance. Ebnflōh’s main mission stems from an aim to broaden street dance’s reach by gaining greater recognition as a major art form. Making this the focus gives more seasoned artists professional opportunities allowing them to pass their knowledge onto the up-and-coming generations of dancers. Authenticity, Respect, Open-mindedness, & Sharing are some of the company’s core values.
SUPPORT B-SIDE EVENT 2021!
B-SIDE is a workshop/lab—originated by Ebnflōh—that is devoted to research and development in street dance, with this self-same community in mind. Ebnflōh firmly believes in the critical importance of research in street dance. We aim to benefit a new generation of artists with the very opportunities that were regrettably lacking for many of us.
Following its 1st edition in 2019, B-SIDE returns once more from the 28th of June to the 9th of July 2021 at l’Agora de la Danse.
Now, while the pandemic has overwhelmingly restricted Ebnflōh’s financial resources, we call upon your kindest support by making contributions. All donations are most welcome, whatever the amount! All funds will be directly reinvested in the B-SIDE event. April 15th, 2021 will be the deadline for your donation, and you will receive a special mention in our Newsletter as well as on our website. We do not provide an official donation receipt. You can also send us a check made out in the name of Compagnie Ebnflōh, if you prefer – address: Compagnie Ebnflōh, Édifice Gaston-Miron – 205-1210 rue Sherbrooke Est, Montréal (Québec) H2L 1L9.
B-SIDE 2021 features:
- 2 weeks paid residency of in-studio research and development open to 6 – 8 artists in street dance. Chosen proposals must primarily set themselves apart by their originality. They’ll have total creative freedom. Mentors will be on hand. This year, there will be one additional week of residency.
- 1 public evening to present research proposals in the form of trials, exploration, improvisation, etc.
- 1 week of training with top tier guest instructors (limited space).
- All New: conferences on Hip-Hop and Street Dance (for all).
- All New: cultural outreach activity with the youth.
Your support is important to us; we sincerely thank you in advance.
In so doing, you allow us to help B-SIDE and the community to grow.
From the team at Ebnflōh.